Ember IT, LLC (“EMBER”) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Web Operations Consultant to join our fast-growing cybersecurity, IT, and strategic services firm based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. EMBER works with US-based clients with operations anywhere in the world. The Web Operations Consultant is responsible for managing day-to-day, client website operations, improving performance, enhancing security, executing deployments and migrations, and developing resilience strategies. This is a mission-critical, client-facing role. Other responsibilities include vulnerability assessments, brand protection, and related project work.
As a Web Operations Consultant, you will play a crucial role managing the support and future growth of all web operations activities. Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues and manage multiple, concurrent projects. Expertise, quality, and professionalism are essential. If the description below describes you, and you’re passionate about technology, teamwork, and collaboration, then consider joining the team at EMBER.
- Consulting: This consultative, client-facing role supports managed web operations agreements and related billable services.
- Website Management: Requires technical expertise and experience. Must be able to work autonomously in a mission-critical environment while managing all technical aspects of web hosting services, domain name portfolio, DNS, secure certificates, web servers, and configuration files. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
- 365 x 24 x 7 – One of the primary team members responsible for uptime, performance, and responsiveness of client websites.
- Deployment & Integration: Oversee the deployment of new websites, features, tools, and content, while ensuring seamless integration.
- Performance Monitoring: Use web analytics and other tools to monitor website performance, identify issues, and recommend solutions.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Development, Marketing, and IT to ensure alignment of web operations with company objectives.
- Security Oversight: Optimize and sustain website security, continuously assess and mitigate threats, and promptly address vulnerabilities.
- Infrastructure Management: Evaluate, select, and manage hosting providers, CDNs, and other web-related services.
- Continuous Improvement: Champion continuous improvement and innovation efforts.
- Resilience: Ensure backup and recovery capabilities and maintain business continuity plan.
- Conduct assessments of website performance, compliance, security, and other key metrics.
- Oversee analytics and monitoring platforms.
- Implement and manage web application firewall and other associated tools.
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, CSS, and Java.
- Cultivate proficiency in other scripting languages and CMS platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in written and verbal form, across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Diagnose and resolve common and complex technical issues.
- Review and assure code for compliance with industry best practices and compatibility across browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Serve as the company’s CMS subject matter expert, especially WordPress.
- Manage the website deployment lifecycle and change control procedures.
- Develop and maintain expertise in AWS, LightSail, EC2, cPanel, and other platform tools.
- Assess and document client requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a web operations consulting or technical services role.
- Refined verbal and written presentation skills are required.
- Project management experience is required.
- General experience with scripting and common web coding languages.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administrating AWS, LightSail, EC2, cPanel, and WHM is highly desirable.
- Ability to operate in complex, high-profile accounts, navigate diverse organizational hierarchies, and communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders.
- Must be adaptable, resilient, and possess good judgment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for organizing, tracking, and comprehending intricate details.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, and research skills.
- Ability to translate complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and retirement plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotions within the company
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
- Access to cutting-edge technology and resource