Title: Network Administrator
Reports To: CTO
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Hours: 9am-5pm. Rotating on-call schedule.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Ember IT is looking for a Network Administrator that is focused on customer service and building relationships with our Manage Service clients as well as focusing on solutions for their long term needs.
The Network Engineer will design, deploy, and support all relevant networking technologies (hardware/software/protocols) including: LAN, WAN, WLAN, MAN, Load Balancing, Firewalls, routers, switches and the underlying networking components supporting modern voice systems.
• Manage the hardware and software lifecycle to maintain appropriate technical currency for networking technologies.
• Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability.
• Design, implement, tune and manage networking technology. Track and report usage and utilization.
• Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support of several different customer networks.
• Analyze technical architectures and provide guidance on systems performance improvements as impacted by network architecture.
• Analyze project requirements and design appropriate solutions.
• Manage projects and communicate project status to balance of Network Team, project leaders and management.
• Coordinate and oversee vendor installations and maintenance. Manage select vendor relationships.
• Maintain currency with trends and best practices in information technology.
• Share information and knowledge and cross-train with I/S colleagues.
• Leverage technical knowledge of operating systems, computers and networks,
• Assist, oversee and/or create and maintain networking related documentation.
• All other duties as assigned.
• On call support as needed.
• 3+ years of networking and telephony experience required.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment with many competing priorities.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Server & workstation platforms, Internet Services.
• In depth knowledge Cisco routing/switching technologies.
• In depth knowledge of WAN/LAN Quality of Service.
• Experience with WAN MPLS Services.
• Exceptional network troubleshooting and problem isolation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of IP addressing, DNS, TCP, UDP, ICMP, packet capture analysis.
Email your resume to email@example.com with your salary requirements by September 13th!